If you like Backup Smart then please leave me your testimonials in a comment on this page.

[Add Your Testimonial]

Thanks for your support.

Aaron

56 Comments On “Testimonials”

#1 Parth Desai on on June 11, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Backup Smart you rocks! We need this when we have website to save our data. Great work BS!

#2 Erik on on June 10, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Been using this for some time now with no issues (over two years now). Does what it says reliably. Started having a problem today and I submitted a ticket at 8pm on a Saturday evening and received a response from Aaron within a couple of hours. The steps worked to fix the problem.

There is so much crap software sold out there today and more than half the time the people selling it did not write it and offer minimal support, if any. My experience tonight should set your mind at ease that you will receive quality software AND excellent support.

Thanks so much!

#3 Carl on on May 15, 2012 at 8:46 am

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for a great software. Easy to use, no bloat, does what it’s designed to do.
What more can I say?

Carl

#4 Eric on on March 24, 2012 at 7:06 am

I bought backupsmart, downloaded it, and backed up my site so quickly I needed to contact the developer of backupsmart because I was sure it couldn’t be that easy. Indeed it was that easy.

I set it up to backup at 4:00 am every morning. When I get up to drink my coffee their is always an email waiting for me letting me know my backup has completed.

It really takes a lot of stress off knowing your site is backed up.

I highly recommend backupsmart.

#5 Ian Blackford on on March 22, 2012 at 12:31 am

Like a lot of people I never knew how best to back up my WordPress websites and it was starting to worry me. Modern day website4s aren’t about the files, they are about the content and the content lives in the database.

When I found Backup Smart I was dubious that it would do what I wanted, but I have to admit I was converted within 30 minutes of downloading the demo. Seven days later I was hooked and it’s now an app that I can’t do without.

If you run a website development business then you have to protect your clients by taking control of your back up routine, and this is the app to do it with.

#6 Dean on on February 28, 2012 at 1:44 am

So easy to set up and works flawlessly. I get a reassuring email daily letting me I know I’m all backed up. Well worth it!

#7 Κατασκευή Ιστοσελίδων on on February 15, 2012 at 11:03 pm

The software is really great. Also I have bought one license and the developer gave us a second license for free.

#8 Tommy on on January 1, 2012 at 6:38 am

I was so tired of logging in and out of cPanel accounts to run backups, even with WHM root access, you still cannot backup the databases without logging in to each account one by one, and with several accounts, many times backups did not get done as they should have — this is not the case with BackUp Smart, you guys have literally saved me about 48 hours of time each year running backups, Thank You!!!

#9 CARL W. on on December 1, 2011 at 7:37 am

Cheers Mate !,

All-N-All, your software “BackUp Smart” is ABOVE PAR, one word, INCREDIBLE, a GodSend !

When I saw your name I was already familiar with your work from your Scripts Package !

Keep Up The Good Work !

#10 Paul on on November 30, 2011 at 2:17 am

Awesome piece of software, does exactly what it says with no bugs and such an easy and intuitive interface to work with.
Takes the hard work out of backups, havent missed one yet.

#11 Johan Pienaar-Matthews on on November 24, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Fantastic!!! Nice and simple way to make a backup of all my customers’ websites. Very easy to install and configure.

#12 Clifford McGrath on on November 3, 2011 at 11:39 pm

Best bit of software I have ever bought no more worries if site is backed up. Now done every day automatically Brilliant.

#13 Manuel on on August 26, 2011 at 12:19 am

Great app! It’s a relief not being limited by online disk space for my site backups 🙂

#14 Daniel on on August 2, 2011 at 1:04 pm

I have been using it for only 2 weeks and it already saved my life. I just migrated an entire 5 GB. Website and restoring the backup was flawless.

#15 Perry Brennan on on July 26, 2011 at 12:54 pm

What a great little application. Simple installation and just as simple to configure. You are up and running in literally a couple of minutes. Everything you need for complete data/site backups without complicating it with things you don’t need. The fact that it backs up multiple sites at once is even more icing on the cake. No more cron jobs. What a relief! Thank you Aaron for a great product at a very reasonable price.

For those considering this product but not sure, why not install the free trial and give it a go. I guarantee that within the 7 day period you will be convinced as I was and you’ll make the purchase.

#16 Shona on on July 20, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Thank you so much for this FANTASTIC script Aaron!
I run a reseller account and have been looking for a few months now for something that would automate my backups for me. My hosts don’t allow cron via cPanel so I couldn’t even do a PHP automation.
Somebody had posted this site on a forum, and as soon as I watched your video I didn’t even feel the need to download the trial. I expected this software to cost around $200 but it is such a great price! All my sites are now backed up tonight, and I have it set for the 1st of every month – easy peasy. Can’t belive how simple and flawless it is. I’ll recommend it to everyone!

#17 Matteo on on July 16, 2011 at 11:12 am

I have purchased that I was a bit in doubt about the efficiency of Backup Smart but I was totally wrong, it was PERFECTLY and saves me times and from damages that may occur while losing database and stuffs… excellent software, so happy that I have it!

#18 Nicola Boschetti on on June 22, 2011 at 4:57 pm

I was looking for a software capable of managing multiple cPanel backup, because I have 4 reseller accounts…! Backup Smart looks solid and it work flawlessy. I can say that I have found what I was looking for!

#19 bryan on on May 17, 2011 at 8:09 am

I own over 600 websites! this product saves me days of time that i used to spend doing manual back ups, not i just let it run at night and get a report in the morning, Its a dream, my compliments to the programmers!

#20 Alexandre Amato - Cirurgião Vascular on on April 29, 2011 at 1:06 am

It works flawlessly in my Mac. I was never secure enough before, now I am. I can have my backup-smart backups backed up also with Time Capsule !!! Seems redundant enough ??

#21 Rob on on April 6, 2011 at 5:44 am

This application is a life saver. Previously I had a script that I had to add to each account and it was not very reliable. This makes it very easy for me to keep all of my websites (15 or so) fully backed up and I can stagger my backup days and types with the scheduler.

Thank you for a tool that is easy to use and does one task very well.

#22 Siti Web Livorno on on April 2, 2011 at 4:43 pm

I’m searching a lot and i have found this great software ! I think it’s the best for do quick and easy backup all cpanel sites. Thank u for this great work ! I’m happy that you exists 🙂 Thank you ! You safe a lot of my time !

#23 matthew moore on on March 16, 2011 at 12:02 am

okay i know this will sound silly but after our site got hacked we found our backup was not working. We looked all over the internet and found this one. It is able to backup all the databases and save to our computer. Then believe it or not. We was hacked again. We got to test the program before the seven day was up. Now we are working great. Everything is patched up and no more hacks. But if it happens again i know this program will come to the rescue. I do wish one thing they had option to save to the server for people that do not have a computer to backup to. Maybe another release to do same thing but give option to save locally or on server. I now suggest this to all my clients. Thanks again.

#24 Vlad on on March 10, 2011 at 7:11 am

I have NEVER done testimonials before, but Aaron deserves it. I could never expect to have the greatest customer service and the greatest backup app ever to come from a website that doesn’t look like that great (I’m sorry Aaron).

You cannot believe the piece of mind you will have with this app guys. I recommend without a doubt.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Aaron increases its price because it DEFINITELY worths more.

Thanks for spending your time developing it.

#25 Gavin of Red Square Creative on on March 4, 2011 at 7:28 pm

We have been using Backup Smart for nearly a month now and have found it to be an extremely useful piece of software. Automated backups of website and database files are very easy to setup, using the well designed user interface. We now use Backup Smart as part of the service we offer clients and will recommend it to any of our clients who wish to perform backups themselves. Keep up the good work Aaron.

#26 John from Build Me A Website on on February 21, 2011 at 3:33 am

Fantastic program, the scheduling is so easy to set up. I used to use a different program which I never really trusted, so pleased I found “Backup Smart”.
Keep up the good work!

#27 Aaron on on February 7, 2011 at 11:53 pm

I have a hosting account @greengeeks that took away the backups in the cPanel, so I was forced to look for a way to backup my site(s). I found Backup Smart. What a smart find this was. Thanks.

#28 Michael Hayes on on January 31, 2011 at 8:05 am

After some initial teething troubles with the installation I had no trouble setting up BackupSmart to automatically backup my hosting accounts. But one really nice thing about the installation hiccup I had was that it showed what excellent support Aaron offers 🙂 Many thanks, Aaron, for an extremely useful application.

#29 David Hazell on on December 21, 2010 at 6:44 am

Does exactly what’s it says it does, it’s so good I have recommended my own customers buy it and us it to backup their own web sites, I have looked around for other programs to dovthe same thing and none come close to it as far as ease of use.

#30 Shelley Cox on on December 4, 2010 at 6:42 pm

Well, after some initial teething problems, BackUp Smart is now “backing up smart”!

I’m thrilled with the program and the support provided that helped me overcome the initial issues I had. Thank you so much for making this aspect of my online business a breeze. I will be recommending back up smart to others too.

#31 Donna Smith on on November 30, 2010 at 2:46 am

What a life saver! Works great!

#32 Matt Cossio on on November 19, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Very good program with great scheduling for unattended backups and email notification. Nothing else I’ve tested works as well.

#33 Jason on on November 18, 2010 at 3:55 pm

Nothing bad to say about this program. It works just like it should and always does what it’s suppose to do. Set up was a breeze as well as restoring from a backup. Very Great thing to own if your running cPanel. Highly recommend this program.

#34 eril from edgecreative on on November 18, 2010 at 10:28 am

I’ve been useing BackupSmart for over 2 years now… ever since we had 36 sites hacked, all with minimal or old backups. Not good.
BUT – since then my life and stress levels when thinking about cranky customers with sites that ‘suddenly need restoring has been absolutely wonderful because of this software!
Easy to use, cheap… it just does what it needs to do with no fuss at all.
Can’t fault it in any way…. Many many thanks!!

#35 Vann Baker on on November 18, 2010 at 3:18 am

After attempting to get several .php scripts to backup my websites with no success, I found BackupSmart. I was skeptical aft first, but after a week I don’t see how I got along without this application. I manage many websites for my clients and BackupSmart makes it so easy to make backups during and after development. Once you have this software installed, it only takes a minute to add a new website.

#36 Martijn Tilgenkamp on on November 18, 2010 at 1:33 am

I have been using Backup Smart for a couple of months now and I am delighted. It has saved me so much time. Normally I would manually download backups of the 60 accounts on my Reseller account every two weeks and that would take me about 2 hours for the whole process. Now I just run the program and that’s it!

It is just one of those programs that make your life a lot easier and I wished I had found it earlier.

#37 Darryl on on November 18, 2010 at 12:16 am

In March this year I had to look for some replacement software when I received an “End of Life” notice for the software I was using for cPanel backups at the time – CP Site Saver. While that software had sort of worked ok, it had weird glitches too that I just ended up having to work around because support was virtually non-existent.

I’m very glad I found Backup Smart. It’s solid, easy to use, and reliably does what it’s supposed to do. On a couple of occasions I’ve wanted to talk with someone about aspects of the software and found Aaron was readily available and very helpful.

Thanks very much Aaron. You’ve done a great job with Backup Smart and I have no hesitation in recommending it (and you).

#38 G.M on on April 30, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Each day, we are learning & growing. Often from good experiences, but sometimes not.
I thought I could share a recent experience, and something I have recently discovered.

Earlier this month, one of my websites was attacked by a Hacker. This entire site, along with all its content and data…simply gone! All that remained was a Hacker’s tag, a signature much like a tag left by a graffiti artist. It read something like ” BLAH BLAH WAS HERE!” No explanations, nothing else, just vandalism in its simplest form.
I felt violated and completely vunerable.

Thankfully I have all my websites backed up with Backup Smart, so the restoration of that site was simple and quick.

The lesson here was that I could loose my website & data at anytime, not nessesarily resulting from a server breakdown or a data centre failure, but by vandalism, hackers.

Here’s my advice….Backups are too important to ignore!
If you have a cPanel hosted site, get yourself a copy of Backup Smart today and just backup. This software is cheap, effective and it works!
Remember to check your sites daily if they are your business and main source of income.

I am so happy with this software, it has saved me twice in 6 months.
My websites are valuable, loosing them would be a devastating comercial loss.

Now I’m thinking ahead, and if my laptop had a hard drive failure or got lost, I could potentially loose my backups, so I’ve now decided to get a second copy of Backup Smart loaded onto my office desktop, just for the added security and peace of mind.

And if nothing else, just remember these two things;
1. To beat the hackers, creating strong login passwords for your websites are King!
2. Backups are too important to ignore! Get Backup Smart loaded on your computer today.

#39 GaryM on on April 30, 2010 at 11:16 am

My website administrator introduced me to Backup Smart in October 2009 after doing extensive development on multiple websites. He said that this software will automate the backups of all my sites when hosted on cPanel equipped servers. He also advised that whilst my sites were hosted with him, there would be daily backups done in the data centre and he would also backup locally in his office all the sites that were hosted on his server…..But then he said for insurance sake, he recommended that I always have backups of all my own sites under my personal control. He set me up with a copy of Backup Smart, and we did a few test backups at that time to my laptop. I never bothered much after that….

In January 2010, about 2 months later, the data centre did something and all my sites went down and all my website data was lost. My administrator simultaneously had a hard drive failure and had no access to any backups he had done.
With the help of Aaron Dwyer’s support centre, I was able to locate those test backup files in my laptop from October ’09 and we successfully restored all the sites. It was a simple process that saved me thousands of dollars.

For about 6 years prior to this, I was ignorant and inexperienced on this issue. I simply assumed that websites were backed up by the hosting server. I never thought anything could ever go wrong. How wrong and ignorant was I back then??

Had I not taken the advice to use Backup Smart, I was looking at a $20,000+ bill to rebuild all my websites.

Thanks to Aaron & Backup Smart for making this possible and for making this so simple for me and my businesses.

Nowdays, I’ve made a daily pledge to checking that all my sites are active and that my backups are done regularly and automatically using Backup Smart.

#40 V. Watson on on October 6, 2009 at 1:52 pm

Reading through a forum, I came across a post from someone that had 6 sites wiped out due to a server crash. She had no backups. That prompted me to investigate backup software. I think I downloaded and tried all of them. Backup Smart was by far the easiest to install and set up, downloaded the backups quickly and accurately, and my questions were answered promptly. I highly recommend the software.

#41 MelN on on September 30, 2009 at 2:11 pm

I recently had a problem when a raid circuit board in the data center crashed in such a way that there were no backups for all the sites the disappeared. I had to recreate 69 sites from local resources (and some of them from scratch).

Taught me a lesson and now all my sites are backed up to a removable drive that gets locked up every night. I never knew that automated backups could be done so quickly and inexpensivley.

Thank you BackupSmart for a great piece of software.

#42 Ed on on September 28, 2009 at 1:39 am

Backup Smart is far and away the best solution in its class.

Using the Adobe AIR platform provides a 21st century interface which is lacking in competitor’s offerings.

The simplicity of setup, granularity of backup options and cross platform capability make Backup Smart a must have application.

#43 Keith on on September 27, 2009 at 8:27 pm

Backup Smart is the best piece of software to come along in a very long time! It’s already saved me a few times. It’s so easy to use, you just set it and then it does all the work for you from then on. Thanks for an awesome backup solution that works seamlessly!

#44 Mike Stephens on on September 27, 2009 at 8:14 pm

Hi Aaron,
Just wanted to Thank you for an Outstanding Set it and Forget it Program to replace Cpanel with, which does work, but not when I forget to log in and use it, on each and every site. Backup-Smart is an Inexpensive, Surefire way to have a complete working Backup of one or multiple Websites. Select either just the Files, just the Databases or both on CPANEL Web hosting, and that’s only when I add another website to my already setup Backup-Smart program, or when I need to do a manual backup due to making a change and need a backup now, instead of waiting for the next programed operation, all right from the comfort of my Desktop.
Mike Stephens

#45 matthias on on September 27, 2009 at 6:32 pm

hi,

i am a reseller in german.
i love the easy working tool.
it works every night an give me a savety feeling.

#46 Paul Coleman on on September 27, 2009 at 6:23 pm

Backup Smart is quick, slick, and effective. It’s like the software Adobe and Apple make. That means I get to sleep quietly at night.

Paul

#47 Mark on on September 27, 2009 at 6:03 pm

I have been increasing my website portfolio and after having one near disaster, I needed a way to do my site backups, tried one or two programs and, Backup Smart was the only one that worked so I bought it and haven’t looked back since.

#48 Jeff Sinclair on on April 14, 2009 at 12:22 pm

I must say Backup Smart is THE easiest software
I’ve used to accomplish the needed but tedious task
of backing my sites up.

I’ve used two methods in the past. The long manual
way. And a different software. On that software
there were additional steps to do everytime. Which also
became a pain later.

Backup Smart is built on a modern platform and it cannot
be easier to use.

I’m glad I made the purchase.

Jeff Sinclair

#49 Aurelius Tjin on on March 30, 2009 at 9:31 am

Hi Aaron,

I just installed BackupSmart and I must say, this software rocks!

It’s so easy to use. You simply select which sites you want to backup, whether you want to back up files and/or databases and then let it do its job.

This is by far the best solution to backing up your sites.

Thanks for creating such a neat piece of software!

— Aurelius Tjin

#50 Glenn on on January 27, 2009 at 10:01 am

This is awesome, I hate backups, and never seem to remember. This is just what I’ve been looking for, something to automate the backing up of my websites. simple, easy, effective. It is now a must have piece of software for my kit.